Opportunity for an Educational Psychologist
Through our Inner City Youth Engagement Program and Inner City High School the Inner City Youth Development Association offers programs for Edmonton’s marginalized urban youth. A high percentage (85-90) of our youth are of Indigenous heritage. It is important that the candidate is comfortable working with marginalized urban youth from a strength based perspective.
Many of our students have been out of school for some time, have had some contact with the justice system and test quite low academically when they first register. They are naturally intelligent and have survived by their wits. The diagnosis of conduct disorder and severe oppositional defiance disorder are often influenced by a difficult social environment.
Our goal is to engage the youth in educational programming, provide basic resources which many lack and create conditions for education and learning to take place. Many of our students graduate with a full high school diploma. Inner City High School is an accredited academic and arts based high school.
As a Psychologist at Inner City High School your duties will include:
· Working collaboratively to coordinate our special needs education program
· Working collaboratively with our School Psychologist to develop psychoeducational reports
· Writing documentation to address the impact of emotional and behavioural diagnoses on the learning environment
· Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary staff team in order to identify student needs, strengths and necessary accommodations
· Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary staff team to provide support for the implementation of identified strategies and accommodations, as well as necessary documentation of emotional and behavioural concerns
· Working collaboratively with staff to offer immediate student crisis intervention support (i.e., mediation, counselling)
· Must have a Master Degree in Educational Psychology from a recognized university and hold a current registration with the Psychologists’ Association of Alberta.
· Considerable graduate course work in assessment, as well as counselling is expected.
· Experience working in the field of counselling with vulnerable populations is an asset.
Type Of Assignment
This is a Full Time position, salary is commensurate with experience.
· Please include a cover letter
· Please submit a resume
· Please include a transcript
All resumes are appreciated but only those selected for an interview will be responded to.