Career Opportunity: Accountant/Business Manager
If you have an accounting designation and are interested in being part of an established Edmonton non-profit organization we need your skills. Inner City Youth Development Association (1990) provides educational programming for Edmonton’s marginalized urban youth. Our programs include the Inner City Youth Support Program, supported by donations and grants and Inner City High School which is supported by Alberta Education.
The Business Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, yearend audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank reconciliations are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure payroll is submitted in a timely fashion
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Work with the management team to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Support management team with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- BA/B.Com. wit a focus in Accounting, CPA required
- Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably experience in non-profit accounting
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting
- Must have strong experience with MS Word, Excel, and simply accounting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines as required.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed.
- Able to utilize your financial skills and talents in a program for Edmonton’s marginalized urban youth